Join the Northeastern Loggers’ Association (NELA)
Membership in NELA is open to any individual person or business who is interested in the fulfillment of the association’s objectives. There are different classifications of membership for different types of members. Additionally, NELA membership includes reduced book prices and reduced training fees. For more information, or to join NELA now, please click here to download the Membership Form, fill it out, and remit to our office.
Why become a member of the Northeastern Loggers’ Association?
“I feel it is particularly important to belong to NELA during this age where logger training has become such a prominent issue. NELA is unique in that it has the ability to cross state and other organizational boundaries in its efforts to coordinate training throughout its membership area.”
— Malcolm Washburn, Welog, Inc., Colebrook, New Hampshire
“I’ve always admired NELA because it is a very professional organization that keeps its feet on the ground by focusing on the needs of their membership whether the issue be safety, new harvesting techniques, latest technology, training, environmental, or political.”
—J.C. ‘Buck’ Williams, Jayfor Logging, Inc., Lewisburg, West Virginia
“I have read The Northern Logger for over 40 years and actively participated in running the association for 10 years. Besides being personally rewarding, I have found membership to be a good business investment. The Northeastern Loggers’ Association is the one northeastern US group working every day to support our industry. The more we use and support the association, the stronger it will be and the stronger our industry will be collectively.”
—William B. Hull, Hull Forest Products, Inc., Pomfret Center, Connecticut
Open to those companies, corporations, and businesses connected with logging, lumbering, pulp and paper, and other allied industries on the following basis:
- Class I – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 250 or more employees (includes 20 subscriptions to The Northern Logger and Timber Processor magazine)
- Class II – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 76 to 250 employees (includes 15 subscriptions)
- Class III – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 26 to 75 employees (includes 10 subscriptions)
- Class IV – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 13 to 25 employees (includes 7 subscriptions)
- Class V – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 6 to 12 employees (includes 5 subscriptions)
- Class VI – Businesses whose annual average payroll includes 5 or less employees (includes 2 subscriptions)
Open to those companies, corporations, and businesses in allied industries, including equipment manufacturers, distributors, and dealers in allied industries, including equipment suppliers, who wish to assist in association programs.
- Class A-1 – Manufacturers (includes 7 subscriptions to The Northern Logger and Timber Processor)
- Class A-2 – Distributors (includes 5 subscriptions)
- Class A-3 – Dealers (includes 2 subscriptions)
Open to any individual person, not a business, who is interested in the fulfillment of the association’s objectives.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please click here to download the Membership Form, fill it out and remit to our office.