Through our annual awards program, NELA strives to recognize significant achievement in eleven categories:
- Outstanding Logging Operator
- Outstanding Sawmill Operator
- Outstanding Industry Activist
- Outstanding Wood Manufacturer
- Outstanding Service to the Forest Industry
- Outstanding Management of Resources
- Outstanding Leadership in the Industry
- Outstanding Forest Products Trucking Operator
- Outstanding Use of Wood
- Outstanding Contribution to Safety
- Outstanding Contribution to Forest Industry Education
Outstanding Award Winners 2016 (from left): Don and Andy Clifford, Fred Weld, Richard Carrier, Peter Condaix, Hanson Savage, Steve Hardy, Robbo Holleran, & Eric Johnson.
To be eligible for one of those awards, or to make a nomination, the person or organization need not be a member of the Northeastern Loggers’ Association. An individual can nominate themselves or their organization, or it may be done by an outside party. The nominee must reside or conduct business in the Northeast and Lake States. Awards are presented each year at the Loggers’ Banquet held just prior to the Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Exposition. Look for the call for nominations in The Northern Logger and Timber Processor.
Nominations should be sent via fax at (315) 369-3736, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via US mail to the Northeastern Loggers’ Association, PO Box 69, Old Forge, N.Y. 13420. Nominations must be received by January 31, 2018. You can also get your nomination started over the phone, so feel free to call us at (315) 369-3078 with any questions. Thank you very much for submitting a nomination. It is important that we recognize the excellence in our industry!